Field Manager - Vegetables & Tuber
About the Role
The Field Manager is responsible for obtaining better yield and profitability by deciding on the crops, plan farming
activities – planting, spraying crop protection chemicals, harvesting the crops, marketing and selling of the crops.
The ideal candidate will document all details including financial aspects of the farm and strategic planning maintain
relationships with vendors and clients, and ensure maximum profitability.
- Deciding on the type, quality and quantity of the crops to be planted.
- Preparing crop plans for the mode of harvest, harvesting schedules and collaborates with the farm operators for carrying out these activities.
- Work with the Principal Farm Manager to carry out the crop plan including bed prep, seeding and transplanting as well as monitoring the growing process including irrigation, and pest management.
- Arranging for regular maintenance of field equipment and machinery.
- Purchasing farm supplies like agrochemicals and seeds.
- Meeting the deadlines for producing yield.
- Monitoring the quality and quantity of crops
- Updating knowledge on plant diseases and taking necessary measures for treating the same.
- Preserving environmental biodiversity and undertaking protection activities if need be.
Bachelor’s degree or HND in Agriculture, Plant Science or a related field.
3+ farm management or vegetable growing experience
Troubleshooting, problem solving, and open to learning new skills.
Possess the physical ability/ stamina to work outside in all seasons
Possess keen attention to detail.
Good communication skills and a respectful management style.
Ability to safely operate tractors and other farm equipment desired by not required.